Conditions of Rental for Winter Sports Equipment
- The hirer is fully responsible for rented sports equipment. It is not permitted to pass on hired equipment to third parties.
- Rental becomes due at the start of the hire period. The hirer is required to present a photo-identification document (e.g. passport, driving licence) and understands that a photocopy of any such document may be taken. As surety, either a blank, signed credit card imprint, an original passport, or a cash deposit to the current value of the sports equipment is required to be deposited.
- The hired equipment is NOT insured. In the case of theft, breakage or damage caused by inappropriate use the hirer is responsible for the cost of repair or replacement up to the current value of the equipment.
- Breakage or damage caused by inappropriate use is covered, subject to an excess according to the current scale of charges.
- In the case of theft, the hirer must report any such loss to the relevant security authorities within 24 hours and must also inform the rental company.
- The exchange of rental equipment is possible at any time. If upgrading to sports equipment of a higher quality, then the difference in rental becomes due according to current pricelists.
- In the event of injury or illness, rented sports equipment must be returned without delay, accompanied by a doctor’s certificate. In this case, the cost of any unused rental period will be re-funded, calculated from the following day.
- Rental of equipment beginning after 15.30h (3.30 pm) will be charged from the start of the next day. Where equipment is returned before 9.00h (9 am), the rental will not be levied for that day.
- If rented sports equipment is not used for reasons of poor weather conditions or other difficulties, then refunds cannot be made. A refund of unused rental fees following a premature return of sports equipment will only be considered where a hirer is forced to depart due to exceptional circumstances. Following a normal return of rented goods, any surety deposit, passport or credit card imprint will be returned to the customer.
- The hirer must ensure that equipment is stored so that theft or loss through mistaken identity is minimised. To this end, skis should be stored in ski-safes or stacked singly and away from each other. Overnight, equipment must be stored in a locked hotel ski-room or in a locked vehicle.
- By signing the address form, the hirer confirms the authenticity of his/her personal details as used for the professional setting of bindings. The hirer may not alter these settings unilaterally.
- Should the rental equipment not be returned within the specified period (without having been declared) the hirer will be reported to the relevant authorities for suspected theft.
- All rates cover itself run to lying rate list. The family reduction " with at least one full-paying parent is 1 child till 6 years freely ". The reduction counts only if the parent rents a complete alpine equipment or snowboard equipment. Should the parent lend only ski, the child ski and shoes, are free with the child only the ski. If the parent had to do only shoes or other rent objects (e.g., cross-country skiing set, Snowblades, etc.) can be given no reduction for children.
Sport Busslehner + Skiverleih Christlum